Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Dear Brantley~

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! Today is your first ever Valentine's Day, and your Daddy and I were so excited to get to spend it with you (our new favorite Valentine). It was an awesome day! You are such an incredible baby! We could not be more blessed. Daddy asked me this morning what I wanted to do for Valentine's Day, and I told him I'd like to go antiquing. I knew that would be something he would enjoy, too. It is something we always liked doing together before you came along, and now we figured we would start you young on the fun. Many people believe Valentine's Day is a time to pamper the woman in your life. I disagree. It's a time to celebrate your love as a couple. I can be pampered on my birthday and/or mother's day if y'all want a holiday to pamper me and make me feel special. But I want Valentine's Day to be just as much about your Daddy as it is about me. The first two years we were together your Daddy didn't recognize Valentine's Day at all with me. Last year I decided that regardless of what he did I would make sure to make him feel special on that day. I planned a very romantic dinner for him, and I cooked him a Valentine's dinner that was top notch for his particular tastebuds. I spent the whole evening pampering him. This year he wanted to do something for me, but I knew that was unlikely as difficult as it is for him to do much. So I figured spending the day doing an activity that we love doing together would be perfect. We took you up to Pickles Gap and Greenbrier to do some antique shopping. Everybody had a fit over how cute you are. We shopped several different antique stores, and we loved the day with you! All we bought the entire time was some fudge at The Fudge Factory in Pickles Gap, but it was awesome to look at everything. And, as always, you were such an angel. We love every second we spend with you! Thank you for being our little Valentine!!

Daddy surprised me tonight with a very special Valentine's gift:


I couldn't ask for anything more!!! I LOVE it!! It symbolizes our love together for you. It's perfect!

We Love You!!!!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment